Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Reinvent a cartoon character from your childhood.



This weekend on my way home from comic con my flight was held up for about 5 hours during which time I hashed out this marker sketch of Mum Ra. Thundercats was my favorite show back in the day and I used to love the transitional sequence when Mum Ra would transform from this dried out old husk into this buff zombie villain. I tried to re visualize him from memory without trying to be too accurate so as to reinvent his look. Which brings me to a new sketch jam. We haven't had one in a looong time so it would really be good to see everyone get involved on this one. So here it is: Reinvent a cartoon character from your childhood!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ridiculously ILL! I'm gonna buy some new markers too . . . so there! LOL!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well impressed! :-)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Andre Barnwell said...

i like the sound of this challenege. Imma try this one out still.

2:45 PM  
Blogger ken lashley said...

l'm in.....

6:19 PM  
Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

An inspirational piece Mr. Magoo, man you pimped the hell out of those markers and then some It's so ill I had to look for the ruff edges to see that it was marjer an even still I know that some of these painting programs an emulate all sorts of materials and techniques. You put it down and a very fun toipc at that I love taking characters from my past an trying to put my own spin on them this is my kind ish I love well I sai a mouth full just love your began as a fan an still am a fan G well stay fresher than fresh!!!

Linton

6:49 AM  
Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Thanks fellas! Linton I used Copic markers on this one. I bought a set of 6 warm greys using the lightest one as a blender. The next time I try this I'll use Rag marker paper because now they're half drained.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Leroy rockWELL said...

Jaw drops. I'm digging in my head to find something like that. Maybe Jayce and wheel warriors.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jamal O said...

Tight!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Samax said...

been a minute... i'ma definitely do this Jam!!!

oh, and Mumm-Ra is a great choice!!! nice treatment!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here