Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Winter Hunt


Sorry for being a blog hog with 2 consecutive posts but time permits and I gotta take advantage.
Here's a value rendering of a personal piece that I'm currently involved in. I consciously tried to compose it according to the method used in Baroque and other classical painting traditions which make it a point to lead the viewer's eye around the image. Once I've finished obsessing about the composition and value, I'll begin obsessing about the color and detail. I'll post further progress.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Andre Barnwell said...

very nice! i like how u sed the bottom wolf to direct the eye. The whole composition is tight for somethign rough. Feelin the lighting and shading too. Overall nice cant wait to see the tighter finished piece.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Dawood said...

Excellent value planning. I am studying the masters myself at this point, learning value and focal points. This image is really inspirational to me and I am very glad you shared it.

I will post my studys and explain what aspects I got from which artist, and what book it's in. Hope you could do the same and we can learn together.

Thanks

1:37 PM  
Blogger Leroy rockWELL said...

Wow. This is pretty good. Are you going to add moonlight off the Wolves back? Good composition all together.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

Incredible!!!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here