Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Fanboy comes full circle

I admit it. I was one of the masses who waited with bated breath for the release of the first issue of Spawn back in '92.

It was a helluva time to be a comic book fan. The industry was changing. Creators were stepping into the spotlight and charting brand new territory; blazing a trail if you will. Image comics was forming  from a roster of explosively popular artists and the fans were going absolutely bananas. I was one of 'em.

As a one time starry eyed fan boy all grown up to be a professional illustrator it was down right thrilling to touch this character with whatever meager measure of ability I've managed to scrape together.

Thanks to Todd McFarlane and all the Image boys who launched a dream in a magical time of creative risk and experimentation. You ALL inspired me and gave me fuel for the hustle!

Nathanael Lark Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here