Monday, June 29, 2009

Mug Shot Madnesss



This was a fun exploration with color combinations (simulated colored pencils via Painter) . . . same difference, no? Not really but right now I'm enjoying exploring the crazy possibilities with Painter's tools.

Occasionally I like to mess around and sketch mug-shots. I'm not trying to put any one on blast, I just find these unwanted photographs so revealing. As usual the shape of the face and hair is exaggerated to protect the 'innocent'.

Hey have any you guys explored digital possibilities with Painter, Sketchbook Pro, iPhone or even a Nintendo DS?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Beautiful work as usual! Personally I don't care for Painter. The interface is strange to me. The last painter piece I did was a Richard Pryor caricature back in December 13, 2005. My man Dustin Bolton has a blog where he posts sketches made with his I-phone. http://dustinbolton.vox.com/library/posts/page/1/

8:26 PM  
Blogger Vee (Scratch) said...

I'll admit the interface design for Corel Painter leaves a lot to be desired especially considering we live in an Adobe dominated world.
I usually try to work with just the tools sans the interface. 1. Remember those keyboard shortcuts and commands
2. Hit the tab key, watch the interface disappear
3. Get work done faster and cleaner

Photoshop is definitely better without the interface. I particularly like applications where you can really control how you work with the interface like 3D programs like Maya, modo, etc.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have painter. I'd use it if I had it. Never understood it but then again Illustrator confused me for years until I got the hang in 2000.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Samax said...

that's dope, Vee. mug shots are fun to draw from, for the hair alone!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here