Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brotherly Luv


You'd have to be blind if visit here often and haven't seen/heard of the character "Brotherman".

I had a conversation with the homie and co-creator McGee a couple weeks back about my interpretation of the character and knew automatically I'd draw up a more menacing version by mixing his features in with my all time favorite villian Bane (from Batman). So I was compelled to sketch one out quick. Took about 20 -25 minutes but this was more so a study with shadows for me more so than anything. I'm always curious to see how on-point I am with things without lifting the pencils from the paper or erasing. So that explains why this looks rougher than most of the stuff you seen from me.

He definitely eats his Wheaties though don't he? :)

Peace and Luv,
MAS

3 Comments:

Blogger artgyrl said...

I'm not familiar with the character, but I actually like the sketchy lines of the drawing. :)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Its rare to see anything so loose from you man. Cool stuff. By the way I have to correct you, I'm not a co-creator for Brotherman, just a glorified fan. Artgyrl, I guess yo missed the Brotherman post a few weeks ago. Dawud posted a link to the site. Check it out!
http://www.brothermancomics.com/

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to see the varied takes on my character. I think I have all of them that I collected over the years. I may have to post them up one day. I will add this to the collection. Good interpretation!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here