Friday, August 18, 2006

Stacy



I just did this rough piece today since I had a little downtime at work. I did the rough from a model pic of a friend named Stacy. This will be the first in a series that I plan to do. I want to keep them loose and quick. That is how I prefer to work so I will work on refining my own style. As you can see I started with a prismacolor drawing and then I scanned it and desaturated the colors to black and white. I then colored it in photoshop. Bam!

Have a great weekend y'all!

BabaDah!

8 Comments:

Blogger sym7 said...

beautiful work man! lots of energy in that drawing!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

This is really nice stuff man. Great rendering too. It's a departure from what I usually see from you. Keep em comin man!

1:40 PM  
Blogger artgyrl said...

I really like seeing step-by-steps. This was a really nice sketch, made even better by the colors. I like the warm monochrome. I look forward to seeing the other drawings in the series.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Andre Moore said...

didnt think you did it until I saw your name on the post. Its HOT jedi master!!!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Q7D2 said...

Thanks for posting the step by step.  I like the fact that you did  this quick it inspires me to not spend so much time on each piece just knock it out. What is your technique for painting ? Do you just use the paint brush at different opacity's or do you use the  the multiply and overlay features?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Lawrence Christmas said...

nice work! Simple and clean. Rock on.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Stacy and she has this pic posted and it stood out the moment I saw it. Yo, you have mad skillz. I had to stop by and just tell you great job!

~Angelique~
the EnlightenedSista

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jamal O said...

people!! you guys have to understand. Dawud did this sketch at lunch on a dirty ass table outside. To see the finished version is crazy. I really like the sepia tone and the brush work

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here