Sunday, July 30, 2006

Arson fan art: Rose

I started to draw something new for the theme, but it's not coming as easily as I hoped. . .



This is Rose Murakami, a character created by Frank D. at Arson Entertainment. The thing with this character is that she's always looking tough and mean, and I wanted to draw her looking softer. I was also experimenting with drawing it as a realistic portrait. She's black/Japanese, so it was fun trying interesting trying to make her mixed ethnicity come through as well. This is one of my favourite drawings in a while.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

You have a knack for indicating delicacy in your line work. I can see some mixed ethnicity here too, which can be hard enough just nailing one ethnicity.

6:40 AM  
Blogger artgyrl said...

". . . indicating delicacy" in my line work? That's awesome. I have to use that. Can I use that??

Lol. Anyway, thanks. How long do these themes go on? Just til a new one is posted?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

The theme, dont actually end. Soo like, if next week's theme wasn't to your liking you could, instead of sitting it out, pick up on a theme from January.
And yeah that "delicacy' line is mine, I wrote it, I'm the one around here who uses big words.;-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Q7D2 said...

Yo! You gots MAD delicacy indicational skillz off up in your work. (just kidding) I like the way you handled the eyes. It seem this could be a portrait of a person you know.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here