Thursday, July 27, 2006

HI. MY NAME IS Sharon

Hi. I'm a new member to this blog, and I'm really excited to have been invited.

My name is Sharon Samples, and I'm a Graphic Design major, photography minor. I'm pretty much done with school, having only one photography class left to take, and then I'll be graduating in the Fall. However, I had my Senior Portfolio review this past May. I like doing pencil drawings, celebrity portraits, illustration, and more recently, art photography.

Hhmm. . .I guess I'll leave you guys with a sample of my work. I'm doing this sketch for a draw-off at Penciljack.com, and I've already gotten feedback as to how she's not really as sexy as she could be. . . but whatever. It's supposed the be the individual artists idea of a sexy girl, and being a female, I feel entitled to have a slightly different take on the matter.



My biggest issue with this is the rug (the perspective of it is jacked), but I plan on fixing it and adding more detail to the background.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Yeah I was just talking to Mas about that. The breasts of the young lady on your website home page are proportionate so it's easy to determine the sex of the artists. We boys usually inflate them a little for some reason. Also girls tend to draw men slightly boyish while we draw them to look like super heroes. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself. ;-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

Your work is great! True illustrator to the bone, but super talented in so many other areas.. Welcome, welcome sharon! Sexy is relative also, like what you have here to show that. :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lawrence Christmas said...

Welcome to the board. Ya got skillz!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here