Monday, March 27, 2006



This one I put together in about 2 hours. It's loosely based on a drawing I did back in highschool which at that time was inspired by a dream I had. I recently heard a poem which brought it back to me. The poem was about a lamenting African man whose wife was taken away from him. In the poem he cries out to the ocean to bring her back to him. I decided to make it at dawn which like dusk to me feels like the magic hour. At the last minute I decided to make the watery horizon cloudy so that he's looking out into a misty dawn.

5 Comments:

Blogger St John Street said...

This is so excellent on so many levels the fact that u translated your dream and combined it with the poem truly inpiring work G love the loose feel to your sketchs gets me suped to try harder and the pc drawing and painting take it eay G

5:29 PM  
Blogger babadawud said...

Amazing! I didn't expect anything less!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Chrissie A said...

This is simply gorgeous...the theme, the colors, the way it is executed--all perfect. A haunting and beautiful illustration.

8:18 AM  
Blogger TomCarroll said...

I very much like that you revisit and repurpose older work ... and bind it together with new themes, color schemes, and such ... very simple, very pleasing to look at. Nice.

10:37 AM  
Blogger TomCarroll said...

I very much like that you revisit and repurpose older work ... and then bind it together with new myths, themes, color schemes, and such ... very simple, very pleasing to look at. Nice.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here