Monday, March 27, 2006



This one I put together in about 2 hours. It's loosely based on a drawing I did back in highschool which at that time was inspired by a dream I had. I recently heard a poem which brought it back to me. The poem was about a lamenting African man whose wife was taken away from him. In the poem he cries out to the ocean to bring her back to him. I decided to make it at dawn which like dusk to me feels like the magic hour. At the last minute I decided to make the watery horizon cloudy so that he's looking out into a misty dawn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

This is so excellent on so many levels the fact that u translated your dream and combined it with the poem truly inpiring work G love the loose feel to your sketchs gets me suped to try harder and the pc drawing and painting take it eay G

5:29 PM  
Blogger Chrissie A said...

This is simply gorgeous...the theme, the colors, the way it is executed--all perfect. A haunting and beautiful illustration.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here