Wednesday, March 22, 2006




It's been a minute. Hope this makes up for it!

This is for the martial arts blog that was posted a while back. I just happened to be working on a project called Sunset Flip about indie pro wrestling. You might not know this, but the style of pro wrestling was developed from Americas only true martial art, Catch Wrestling (or catch as catch can)! Martin "Farmer" Burns, the "Grandmaster of American Wrestling" is the father of this style that got it roots from Grecco Roman wrestling. He was born February 15, 1861, in a log cabin located in Springfield Township, Cedar County, Iowa. In the late 1800's he was a 165-pound man with a neck 20 inches around. Burns went on to become champion of America, even though he was a middle-weight. In his day, professional wrestling matches were, for the most part, real contests (but not always). Unlike amateur catch-as-catch-can (collegiate or freestyle wrestling), professional catch wrestling often had no time limit. He was a beast! Him and his students traveled the world beating everyone. His most famous student being Frank Gotch, called the "God of pro wrestling" in Japan.

Enjoy yall, peace!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Man, Randolph!! This is sweet! Bravo!!

6:38 AM  
Blogger GreatOne said...

Hey, I was just out blogging around and I ran across your site. I just thought you would like to know that I enjoyed yours, and I will be back for future updates! I am a professional wrestler in training, and I am chronicling my rise to the top of the wrestling world in my own blog, feel free to stop by sometime, I have a guestbook and interactive polls, show your support, and when I reach the top I'll take you with me!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Andre Moore said...

WWE better watch out!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here