Wednesday, February 01, 2006


So, I was about 4 or 5. It was a bright, sunny day. Coney Island. Brooklyn, NY. Middle of the summer. 1977, or 1978. I was either coming or going to the beach, I don't know which. I was also wearing my favorite Hulk t-shirt. Which, of course, I know now, cause I have the photo somewhere. I was walking down the street with my Mom, happy as a 4 or 5 year old kid could be. We turned the corner, and there he was. The Nathan's Hot Dog Man. "Mommy! Nathan's Hot Dog Man!", I screamed. "Want a picture?" she asked me. Was this lady crazy? What was she thinking? Of course I did! It was the Nathan's Hot Dog Man! So, squinty eyed because of the summer sun, and smiling as hard as I could, I got my picture with him. And then he gave me a balloon, and we went on our way. Happy days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Cool drawing Gus, thanks for posting, and welcome to Sketchbook Allstars.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here