Monday, January 16, 2006




Hey everybody! My names Randolph, and this is my Black Wonder Woman. First off, I know this ain't as good as the other stuff posted for this subject, but it's the best I could do with the time I had to do it. And besides that I don't draw women very well (It's a weak point I'm working on). I'll do more than a quick sketch next time, I promise.

Now on to the concept. I wanted to convey that all impowered black women can be wonder women. I wanted to stray away from the bright costume and magic lasso, and focus on the every-day woman asserting her power. Walking the streets in this modern era, knowing who she is, where she came from, and believing in her own potential. She is Wonder Woman. because she has put her work in to be. She teaches other women how to find the Amazon in themselves.

Well there it is. I've got a "Creature from the Black Lagoon" coming too. I know It's late, but I really want to draw it. Peace!

(WARNING: GEEK OUT MOMENT!!!)

Dawud, I'm a huge fan of your work! Brother Man was a great inspiration to me, and heavily influenced my work. Not only for what you did, but how you did it, thank you! It's one of the reasons why I'm persuing self-publishing.

OK, that is all.

Pencilism!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Hey Randolph! Thank you for sharing your work with us! That sketch is off the chain!!!! By the way, your sketches can be as loose OR as tight as you want them to be. The purpose of this blog is to present unique take on ideas, not just finished art. This drawing, as tight as it is still has lots of energy to it. More often than not, the tighter my drawings get the more energy they loose. I look forward to seeing more from you!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Andre Moore said...

Yo its tight. I glad you posted it.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Jamal O said...

Nah man that sketch is good. Im diggin it

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here