Wednesday, January 11, 2006


I call her SISTA MAAT. To be honest I tend not to make pre-existing characters Black but for the All-Stars there is the exception to the rule. I did the rough in about 10 minutes during lunch but took the time to paint it after work. I call her MAAT as the symbol on her breastplate reflects the ancient Kemetic symbol of Truth, Justice, Reciprocity, Propriety and Balance. I even put her in a semi-yoga position without trying to get too deep. I still had fun with this. Glad to be able to finally get something posted up here with the rest of the crew!

Dah!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Very cool sketch Dawud! I dig the Kemetic Yoga posture. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Maat is symbolised by one single feather? Anyways love your style.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

I like great idea 4 red blak and green I had the same idea just did have time to realize it yet great job.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cooool character drawing!

11:38 AM  
Blogger LeSean Thomas said...

i just love your shapes man. tight stuff. i'll echo St. John sentiments....i'm feelin the red and black too. dope stuff man.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Lawrence Christmas said...

Tight stuff man

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here