Thursday, April 09, 2009

DAWOOD MARION'S EXCLUSIVE OLD SCHOOL SKETCHBOOKS

Hey Everyone,
I have recently created a blog showcasing my art work from old sketchbooks and misc. papers. This work spans between 1987 - 2000. View, Enjoy and feel free to leave comments. I hope this inspires others to post they're old work. It did feel like a weird Idea at first but I figured I have enough of my most recent work to represent me on the web - so my older work wouldn't hurt anything.

DAWOOD MARION'S EXCLUSIVE OLD SCHOOL SKETCHBOOKS

This image is from 1988...
The Story Behind this image:
I was writing the the name "Mystro" at the time. There was another "Mystro" at the school (L.A.C.E.S). So you know whats good - we had to battle for the name. This dude was older and far more experienced at writing and bombing than I was but I had the heart to hit em' up. He won...but since I showed courage he allowed me to be "Lil Mystro". The dude (Mystro) who I speak of is Chemist (Lucas MacFadden) of the Jurassic 5.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence Christmas said...

Man thi brings back memories. I can still smell those designer marker... Fresh from being racked from the store next to SVA!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Dawood said...

Yeah man...
Back when they had the aluminum barrels. And they were strong enough to bleed through about 4 sheet of paper.

Man I was sooooo young and out there. I was breakin' , riding dyno GT bikes and rockin' Atari's Q Bert. Bumpin' PSK and doin' back breakers at RadioTron.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Vee (Scratch) said...

Thanks for sharing these. I wish I had some of those old drawings. I'm going to take my time to peruse, analyze and all that.

dyno GT bikes . . . you sound like my brother. My brother was a bike freak!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Right now there's a bunch of kids born in the late 80's reading this goin "What's Atari?" God, I feel so old right now.....:-)

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to step to Chemist now and reclaim you name in a MYSTRO batle!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here