Tuesday, November 07, 2006

New Flash Animation - Capoeira Angola






Capoeira is a martial art that has it's roots in Angola, Africa yet was developed by the enslaved africans in Brazil. Today it is one of the most visually exciting forms of martial arts out there. I have recently created a flash animation featuring a brief history on this art form for the intro to our groups web page that we are developing. It was done in my spare time but now I am inspired to do some more rough tests like this one. Click the link above to see.

Dawud

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamal O said...

Awww man Great work dawud. The text you added to the beginning really adds to the drama. That and the hull of the slave ship. The animation is great too. Inspiring stuff homie. Man I wanna see more!

we should expand on this.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

Excellent job Dawud, not to many pieces of animation about Capoeira Angola. Kudos for putting this together.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Dawood said...

This art is mad fonky man. "You ah' genius!" I dig the rememberance - as most our people need to not forget. Keep rockin' - as a matter of fact once I move on from the current project I am on (Portraits of my family) I am going to do some "Remember and Don't Forget Art." (RDFA)
Thanks for the inspiration and sharing this with us.
Dawood

11:09 PM  
Blogger Dawood said...

Man! The dude in the middle in the bottom image is seriously getting his groove on. Damn! You really captured that emotion - he is a slave to the rhythm at that moment. This piece is magical - on some ol' Disney but not Disney "BADA"

You are mastering your character style.
It makes me feel good. "Good Vibrations"

4:47 PM  
Blogger bathmate said...

Thank you for your fantastic posting


Bathmate

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here