Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Lonely Boy!


The jam this week was to create a lonely person in the Big City theme. I took a stab at it. This was a quick sketch on notebook paper and then I colored it in photoshop. Let me know what you think the story is. Is the little boy sad because he doesn't have a family that loves him like this little girl is being loved? Is he lonely because of another reason? It's however you want to interpret it.

I was trying to keep it rough. Didn't have much time to do this so I hope you like it. Special thanks to Vanya for modeling her attire for me!

BabaDah6246

9 Comments:

Blogger Andre Moore said...

when i first saw it i got the story that that's his dad who has a new family now and his dad is a dead beat father lol!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Mr.Magoo said...

This came together really nicely! Is that 'Big City' in the background? lol

5:48 PM  
Blogger sym7 said...

interesting take on this topic. your the man look at those expressions. excellent! made me think fo that school house rock c lip "3 is the magic number*.

6:26 PM  
Blogger artgyrl said...

Nice overall, though it looks like the little one has taken a detour to the suburbs rather than being engulfed in the big city. . .

Also, the father looks like he has female hips and is wearing a denim skirt. . .Other than that, it's great. :D

7:28 PM  
Blogger P A R I D H I.P said...

i think what u want show has been captured correctly.

11:02 PM  
Blogger P A R I D H I.P said...

i think what u wanna show has been captured except the male anatomy and dressing.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

I see the big city back there in the shadows.. :) Nice rough! Wish my note book paper could do that. lol

4:28 AM  
Blogger Lawrence Christmas said...

Love the rendering!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jamal O said...

cool sketch Dawud. Id have to agree with ArtGyrl though. And honestly after seeing your big city painting i expected more!....see thats what happens when ur your an incredible artist. PPL always are always expecting more from u. wow that kid does look pretty sad though

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here