Monday, August 07, 2006

New theme!! A lonely character engulfed in a huge towering city

Sup Everyone. Hope every body is doin well. I had an idea for a new theme for this week. I noticed that we are all pretty much good and drawing characters, but one thing that I and other Artists I know find a great challenge in, is composing a picture that tells a compelling story. A well drawn character on paper is nice. But it means so much more when that character has some type of engaging story. So for this weeks theme I would like for us to try to focus on that. Think about all the great movies you love. Take a snap shot of those films and remember those images. If you examine them, you will see so much detail in one shot that adds to the story.

So for this week's theme "A lonely character engufled in a Huge and sprawling city"

Think of why your character is lonely?
What does the character want?
What has your character been through?

All of these things should reflect the design of your character.

Also. Remember try to think of the city as a character itself.

Ok thats it

I cant wait to see what we come up with.

peace

-Jamal

4 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence Christmas said...

Sounds like a good challenge to me!

4:17 PM  
Blogger artgyrl said...

Sounds daunting. I guess I'll give it a shot. ;)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Jamal O said...

haha yeah it is going to be a challenge. Hopefully it will push us in our art and make us better composers

7:22 AM  
Blogger sym7 said...

thanks for this topic it wa sa good one .

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here