Thursday, March 15, 2007

Warrior Art Jam: Nzinga


I'm back again to bring back an Art jam. Mcgee and I were talking about the movie 300 when an idea for 300 fanart transformed into just doing Warriors or Conquerors. So I want you allstars to come with your own Warrior or Conqueror. GAUNTLET THROWN! THIS IS SKETCHBOOKA!!! TONIGHT WE DRAW IN HELL!

My Warrior is Queen Nzinga.
She became renowned for the guerilla tactics she employed for resisting the technologically superior Portugese army. She was a brilliant strategist and, although past sixty, led her warriors herself.

Never surrendering, she died on December 17, 1663.

2 Comments:

Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Hey bro love the concept and the use of shapes in the design. I wonder maybe if you moved the left arm back a bit an away from the body that might help lead the eyes up the body to the face and maybe put the right arm in front to create depth with the overlapping forms an all that well that my 2cent feel free to rip my own have a kool day and stay Fresh!!!

Linton

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choice for a warrior!

Oya Oya Oya-e
Oya Mutumba
Ki kakurukaju
Zinge

This is the lyrics to an song paying homage to Queen Nzinga's greatness!

I don't have the exact interpretaion yet.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here