Saturday, December 10, 2005



With the help of some friends, I have compiled a roster of talented artists to contribute to a weekly sketch jam by invitation only. Every week or so we will settle on one idea and we will each all take a stab at illustrating the concept. The level of completion can be from a rough sketch to a final tight rendering (although personally I doubt the latter will happen considering my schedule). Be that as it may, this blog is intended, for those who are involved, an opportunity to challenge one another, to challenge ourselves, to connect with our contemporaries in the field and to gain exposure. With that said I'll end this post with the first challenge. I would like to start out by attempting a sketch jam to honor a passing legend. The challenge can be simple and done in any format and can be drawn from any source, not just this photograph.
He had me up late at night with my tape recorder hidden beneath my pillow, memorising mudbone routines, stifling my laughter with my covers. He personally gave me days upon days of thought provoking entertainment and has been a huge influence in my life. Rest In Peace, Rich. You will be missed.

2 Comments:

Blogger sym7 said...

cut them swift and without mercy!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

R.I.P Big Rich

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post any off topic random crapola here